Outboard Motor Mechanics Southport, Gold Coast
20% OFF ALL SERVICING LABOUR!
Engine Repairs & Servicing
Phone 07 55283 000
Our fully qualified race experienced staff provide a high level quality service at rates cheaper than most marine outlets. For the level of servicing required, you can choose from our 2 options below. Feel free to contact us for a quote, advice or to tailor a service program to you and your boating needs.
Major Service – This service is to be done every couple of seasons or if the boat has sat for a long period of time. This service includes:
- Clean fuel system including carby/EFI, fuel pump, lines and filters replaced where applicable.
- Replace the following
Thermostat and gasket
Water pump if required and water pump impeller
Gear oil and pressure and vacuum test of the gear box
Engine oil and filter on four stroke engines.
- Grease all points
- Remove Propeller, inspect seals for fishing line and grease the propeller shaft
- Engine degreased and re-sprayed with Inox and required points re-greased
- Compression check of the engine and an inspection of engine for damage or wear and tear
- Check and inspect the following
anodes replace if required
Steering system and grease
Timing belt tension on four strokes
- Test run engine and tune to ensure the engine is idling and performing correctly
Basic Service – This is done in between Major services and is designed as part of a well maintained and service scheduled outboard. Depending on the period of time between services some of these items can be left until the next service. This service covers the most crucial items and includes:
Replace the following
Water pump impeller
Engine oil and filter on 4 stroke engines
- Compression check engine and inspection of engine for damage
- Grease all points
- Remove Propeller, inspect seals for fishing line and grease propeller shaft
- Check engine for any wear and tear or damage
- Inspect fuel filter and clean
- Test run engine and tune to ensure the engine is idling and performing correctly.
We use both genuine manufacturers’ parts as well as our quality and low cost aftermarket parts, the choice is yours. We are happy to be guided by your preference. Call us now for a quote and we can have your boat back to you within one day.